Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: The Contender

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dukefan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2004
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The Contender

    Comes on tonight at 9.
    anyone else gonna watch it.
    [img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9434/paplebon2xs4.th.png[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Rambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2004
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Contender

    I watched the show tonight seems like it will be pretty good. I'm not sure which I like better though Contender or Ultimate Fighter.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Dukefan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2004
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Contender

    I thought it was really good. i liked the way they split up in teams and how they get to watch their opponents train.
    [img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9434/paplebon2xs4.th.png[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Contender

    good show. i think it is as close to a real "reality" show we have. you don't get voted off because your not liked by other contestants or the public. You win or lose in the ring.
    You gotta love the underdog last night.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Dukefan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2004
    Posts
    249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Contender

    I had a feeling he was gonna win. He was more confident but not a better fighter. I guess he just had more heart than the undefeated fighter. but they all lose at one time or another.
    [img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9434/paplebon2xs4.th.png[/img]

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: The Contender

    I loved the show, I am definately hooked, I have always liked boxing, but never really watched it because I didnt want to get pay per view, and didnt care about the other people.

    I guess now I have people to root for, because some of their stories were awesome.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Contender

    There was a show on a few months ago that was just like this, but of lower quality. It was called the "Next Great Champ" I was hooked on that. This one is a lot better with better fighters, I love it. Its gonna be an awesome show.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Contender

    Didn't one of these boxers committ suicide?
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: The Contender

    I think so I cant remember if it was this show or another, but I remember reading it somewhere.

    ANybody else remember or have that story??

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Contender

    Yeah, sure did. I dont know which one is was though. Might ruin the show if we fight out now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •